Japanamerica in San Francisco, Wed., Feb. 6: The Japan Society

Flew out of the one warm and sunny day in Tokyo into an even warmer, brighter San Francisco. Every time I arrive here I'm a twenty year-old again, strutting down Sutter with a gin high. Long story.
Eight hours is preferable to 11, 12, 13 or 14 in the air. But it's still a night's sleep lost--and 17 estranged hours.
Lovely lunch with Berkeley pals and dinner with Herr Schodt, Chairman Tezuka.

Tomorrow I will speak alongside Mariko Fujiwara at the behest of the Japan Society. Talk starts at 6 p.m. at the Delancey Screening Room on Embarcadero:
JAPAN SOCIETY: THE YEAR AHEAD

If you're in the Bay Area, swing by. I plan to be awake and out of my hotel by then. Books, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Video: Interview for Hype Magazine

Shinji Aramaki and the Appleseed Ex Machina Opening